Saturday, April 18, 2009

A big thank you! ... and some nice chairs!

Thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my FT article! They really have made my day! and thanks for the posts from some of you who had a mention - Inspiration Bubble
Country Cottage Chic and Cowboys & Custard! Its been so much fun! If you want to see the article it is online here

Keeping on the theme, if you did see the FT today you may have also had a flick through the How to Spend It magazine, It was a Superior Interiors edition.... and what caught my eye was the piece by Lucia van der Post titled Remaking History. She is highlighting the reintroduction of nostalgic charm into furniture design.... and I love that Vitra are now reproducing some of Jean ProuvĂ©'s designs - and while still way out of my budget at £510 I do love these chairs...

I will take inspiration from these, and look out for something similar at flea markets and paint them these gorgeous pastels colours! But it is nice to see that modern designers are currently championing craftsmanship and classic design, I don't know about you, but I find some of the really high end, cutting edge design just leaves me cold.....

So, inspired, I'm off to Battersea Car Boot Sale tomorrow to see what I can find! :)

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hello. Just popped by from Cowboys and Custard. And now I have chair lust! good luck at the car boot - they'll be so much more lovely if you can get them for a fiver and a can of paint! £510 each would take the shine off the seat for me! t.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Twitter Friends reminded me you mentioned Chairblog...totally forgot about it. Sorry!
    Thanks!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover