Thursday, June 11, 2009

Question Time!

This week Conversation Pieces blog tagged me, and I am only getting round to answering the questions! So here goes....!

What is your current obsession? Neals Yards Remedies, Pugs, buying home interior magazines & books and fruit loaf.

What is your weirdest obsession? Probably the fruit loaf?

Coffee or tea? Tea definitely… Coffee makes me feel a little weird.
What’s for dinner? Bit random, but chicken with some left over gnocchi… and some fruit loaf for pudding!!
What would you eat for your last meal? That’s a toughy, as it would depend what mood I was in…. probably not a very good one I’d imagine, I’d eat something incredibly fattening as it wouldn’t matter anymore! Chips with mayonnaise, Cheese, and chocolate…. But separately!

What was the last thing you bought? Today I bought the amazing Tim Walker poster that is in my last post.
What are you listening to right now? I mainly listen to the radio…

What is your favorite ice cream flavor? No Question – Chocolate.
What do you think of the person(s) who tagged you? She has amazing taste, and her blog makes me want to spend too much money!!

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? Back to Croatia, we went there for 2 weeks last year, and it is my favourite place ever so far!

Which language do you want to learn? Croatian – so we could go and live there!

What is your favorite colour? I am definitely having a yellow moment.
What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe? At the moment a vintage sundress I got last summer, I love the pattern, and it is floaty and light so great for a really hot day… (well the one we get in the UK a year!)

What is your dream job? Babysitting loads of pug puppies! Tee hee!

What is your worst habit? Twisting my hair, It annoys me that I do it but I can’t stop!!

If you had £100 now, what would you spend it on? Mmm… lots of things, although I did see a nice little dress today which was £80 that I can’t afford so I’d splash it on that.

Do you admire any one’s style? I like the effortless chic look, so maybe someone like Alexa Chung perhaps…. Not a big fan of the really polished Victoria Beckham look. Although I don’t think I’ve quite achieved the effortless chic thing myself yet!

Describe your personal style? Mostly just jeans & cardis with the odd vintage top or dress thrown in, oh how I wish I had more money for clothes!!

What are you going to do after this? Watch ‘Mary Queen of Charity Shops’ on BBC iplayer – I'm lovin it!

What are your favourite movies? Little Miss Sunshine, and recently watched The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas which was sad but an amazing film, and I loved the styling.

What is your favorite fruit? Grapefruit

What inspires you? People who are really passionate about what they want from life, and who actually go for it and do what they want to do.

Your favorite book? This always changes, but my most recent fave was Home Girl by Judith Matloff.

Do you collect something? I am gathering up quite a collection of interiors books!

What is your favorite smell? I love essential oils, especially Lavender, jasmine & frankinsence

What are you most proud of? At the moment I am feeling pretty proud of my little shop – Without blowing my own trumpet too much, I really am chuffed at how well it is going after only 8 weeks!

How many times do you press the snooze button before you get up? Luckily I don’t set an alarm as my other half gets up first so wakes me up!

Cats or dogs? You may know have noticed my obsession with pugs, so definitely dogs! Although we are probably gonna get a cat first, as I wouldn’t want to leave Mr Pugglesworth at home alone every day!

What’s your biggest fashion mistake? I remember I had a top in the 90’s when I about 15 that looked like coconut, I thought it was gorgeous until everyone starting calling me a coconut finger1 (as in the bakery item!)

Complete the following: Love is… still kissing when one of you has flu and looks like death warmed up… you’d rather get sick than not have a snog!

pics via flickr
Living Etc

Now I am going to TAG 8 other bloggers, and the rules are:
1. respond and rework; answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, add more one question of your own.
2. tag eight other people


  1. Aha... It must be the season for tags!
    I love reading about other people... I find others little quirks so fascinating.
    Would love to know where you went in Croatia.. We went to Hvar some years ago and I loved it.. it was a cross between Italy and Greece and so unspoilt..

    Please forgive me if I don't enter this tag spirit.. I don't think anyone could bear to read more about me just now..

    Michele xx

  2. Ooo, ha ha - I'll have to answer these tomorrow, although I think I need more of a blog following for it to be of any interest! I feel like a (minor) celeb so shall do my best to follow suit! xx

  3. I am loving Mary Queen of (Charity) shops! In fact I just thought about watching the episode all over again! Oh, and I definitely want to hear your tips for making your business such a success so quickly! Mine (selling stationery) is launching soon and I need help!

  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

  5. Oh they are great questions and great answers!! And much of what you say sounds so familiar to me too! I am so pleased about your online business, well deserved and I will certainly be back to do some more shopping too!

  6. Lynne and Caroline, I'm planning on writing an article about how blogs can lead to your own business for the Guardian, Caroline I may give you a call about this first sometime in the next few weeks if that's ok!

  7. I've just done my tag duty! answers on my blog xx

  8. LOVE that tim walker poster!
    by the way, you are the WINNER of my giveaway!! congrats..


Pin It button on image hover