Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New Designs inspired by Nature

Another post in my little series from the New Designers show! There was so much lovely stuff I've had to split it all up!
Alongside the themes of Nostalgia I showed in a recent post, I felt that much of the work was inspired by nature and our natural environment.
The designers who stood out for me were....

Firstly, Phillipa Leith....




Phillipa's work is delicate and intricate and I love the vintage feel it has... I could just imagine the top pic in a lovely little frame on the wall! The discreet customisation of the vintage plate is also lovely.


A very different take on the theme of nature from Claire Hollinshead, I love the quirky fun style of these plates! I think they would actually look sweet in a childs room...






And finally, Holley Woodhouse, who designs textiles such as cushions, placemats & napkins, and takes inspiration from birds, gardens and garden accessories.... I love the seat pads for the garden





I can't wait to hopefully see more from all the new designers who exhibited this year! watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. I really wish I'd gone to the young designers it looks like there were some really inspiring pieces. Thank you so much for sharing, love Phillipa's work, Mx

    ReplyDelete
  2. all so, so lovely ....i loved phillipa's things
    found you thru tea for joy....
    love your blog
    michelle

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover