Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tea & Make Craft fair

Well I think 2009 has definitely proved itself as the year of 'Make do and Mend' and long may it continue, especially if it goes on producing so many fantastic new craft events around the country.

So if you happen to be at a loose end this Saturday (22nd Aug) and are in London, you should definitely try and pop down to Forest Hill in SE London for the Tea and Make fair.

The brainchild of stylist Sally Curtis and artist Esther Yarnold, the event will showcase some fantastic designer-makers based in the UK, in a truly Great British fete fashion! There will even be a coconut shy!
Not only will you be able to buy goods from the lovely craftspeople, you will also be able to create something yourself during the workshops taking place on the day!!


Visit their blog to see previews of some of the work that will be on display.... here are a few examples of what you can expect...



Cornelia O'Donovan

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the fair myself as I will be hosting a little bit of a housewarming do! But if you do make it down there I'd love to hear what you thought!
And good luck to Sally & Esther and all the designers involved! I hope it is a roaring success!

xxx

3 comments:

  1. This looks great - I shall definitely try to go!
    ____________________
    http://thriftystylishhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh this looks like such fun!

    I have already booked myself in for a tour of the dungeons and a musical tho...

    Otherwise I would have been there!

    Rose XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fab... wish there was more things like that up here.

    Also nothing to do with this post... but the iphone app is called Polarize and best of all it's free. I have CameraBag too but have ended up using Polarize more... go figure! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover