Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Plate Collecting

Along with my search for the perfect prints & artwork for our hallway, I also hope to add a little collection of pretty plates to the wall... I love some of the examples of this I've seen on other blogs...
sorry, not sure where I found this... :(

I've started off the collection with this one, which I actually picked up in TK Maxx for £2.99...


these are a few others I've got my eye on, although it could make for an expensive plate display!!

These are so pretty and delicate and have the sweetest messages on them, from mudpuppy on Etsy.... they are $35 which isn't too bad I guess... ;)



and then of course I have to include a gorgeous Lou Rota plate! I've wanted one of these for ages, I reckon they could be a bit of a collectors item one day!

I think a few really special plates bulked out with some vintage market finds will work a treat... China Search do a set of 6 mixed side plates for £10 which would fun to not know what you are going to get!


xxx

3 comments:

  1. Oh I just love the third pic down!! The plate you picked up for a steal is beautiful, I never think of TK Max!!...I will now... :)

    Lou Rota ones are amazing, are they expensive?? I'll have to check it out!

    Thanks for sharing all of your inspiration...

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is the link for the picture of the plates over the stove. It is one of my favourites as well.


    http://www.houseandhome.com/design/decorating-small-spaces?photo=3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh the Lou Rota ones are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover