Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Beautiful Boutiques of Paris!

If you are planning a trip to Paris anytime soon you must get this little book first! It is your handbook to finding the best shops in the city....


It lists a wide range of the most fantastic boutiques that sell vintage and collectible homewares... a very lovely friend of mine bought it for me for Christmas just in time for my trip to Paris, and as my other half will confirm, I had my nose in it for most of our trip as I tried to track down as many of these shops as I could!! Some I couldn't find, or we didn't visit that part of town, but here are a few I did manage to make it too.....

First to find was Les Touristes - a pretty boutique, full of colour and lots of beautiful fabrics, glassware, stationary, and other quirky finds.... I picked up a large tin box, to add to my collection!




Not far from Saint Paul metro, I found the Au Petit Bonheur la Chance shop.... my favourite! It was an absolute haven of all things vintage & nostalgic. There are a lot of childhood related items, from books to school supplies including mini chalkboards (one of which i bought!) but there is also an amazing collection of enamelware, tins, french glassware and traditional french house numbers. I think I got so carried away i forgot to take some pics, but this blog has some fab ones here - Paris Breakfasts.

After visiting the Sacre Couer on New Years day, I went in search of Tombees du Camion - which looked not far, but I could not find it! ...although it could have been the freezing tempatures just dragging me towards the nearest bistro for some Vin Chaud!! But amazingly on our visit the next day to the vast flea market - Marché aux Puces de Saint-Ouen (more on this later!) - I came across Tombees du Camion market stall!


the stall looked amazing, lots of unusual little bits and bobs, displayed in compartments, or lined on shelves like above. I picked up an old wooden bobbin reel, and a pretty little french cafe plate. I still wish I'd found the shop though, as I'm sure it had a broader range of goodies!



I have to say it was quite satisfying to find some of the shops listed in this lovely little book, as many of them are tucked away in little side streets you might not venture down unless you knew.... definitely the best guide book I've ever had! ;) (buy on Amazon)

xxx

5 comments:

  1. This is super! I live in Paris and these will be great treasures to add to my address book. Thanks so much for sharing! cheers, Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to get that book for my next trip to Paris (fingers crossed in the spring, yay!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh filing those suggestions and the book idea until my next Paris trip :) Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this great post. I go to paris often with work but I might see if I can sneek off next time and check out these shops! Hope you didn't have too much trouble on the Eurostar sounds like it could have been a nightmare!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover