Sunday, January 24, 2010

Wallpaper Pinboard

When I visited the flea market in Paris at New Year, I picked up a lovely old vintage picture frame... I'd been looking out for one as I wanted to create a pinboard for my office, using wallpaper samples! So, at the weekend, I got to it, and here's how I did it, and the results! The frame cost me €15 at the flea market, the wallpapers samples were collected up while I was deciding on paper for the hall, and the cork tiles were around £7 for a pack from a DIY shop....

Firstly I had to measure up the cork tiles to fit the frame, I had to use 2 tiles as they weren't long enough, but I just used a staple gun to join them together. I used 2 layers of cork to stop it being too flimsy....

Next I superglued the 2 layers of cork together and then I laid out the scraps of wallpaper they way I wanted them in the frame....

and then all was needed was to superglue the wallpaper onto the cork! easy peasy! I placed some heavy books on top while the glue dried to make sure the paper was nice and flat. And then I just popped the wallpaper covered cork into the frame...

I'm really pleased with how it turned out, although now that its done, I'm scared to pin anything on it!! I will do eventually but I actually quite like how it looks as it is!
xxx

PS Does anyone know where I can get some nice drawing pins?!

6 comments:

  1. OOoh, its gorgeous! Love your choice of wallpapers. Some nice pearl headed pins would look lovely with it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely. I'm doing ours now. I was thinking of going fabric. I will have to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, it's absolutely gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely idea x

    ReplyDelete
  5. if you haven't found nice drawing pins already, I like the map pins from WIlkinsons! They have big round silver-coloured ends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just finished our inspiration board. It's here.
    www.skirtsandwellies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover