Friday, February 19, 2010

The Beautiful Petersham Nurseries

So I am only now getting round to telling you about my Valentines Day last weekend! Myself & the other half went on a bit of an epic walk over to Richmond for lunch, and on the way we stopped by somewhere I've been wanting to visit since moving to this side of town - Petersham Nurseries.
I'd heard good things about it but wasn't quite sure what I'd find there....
Lots of plants (obviously!) an expensive but yummy looking restaurant & a treasure trove of a shop! oh the shop!!

There is a huge range of gorgeous garden bits, from a huge range of seeds to large pieces of antique garden furniture...
I LOVE those mirrors, but unless I can find £650 from somewhere I won't be getting one from here!! Yes, the shop is pretty pricey in general - I was quite occassionally shocked when I saw the price tags on some items - for example some 'antique' garden tools from £30! - to be fair pretty similar to the ones you'd find in the back of your dad's shed! but hey, still pretty!

They do much more than just garden items... lots of lovely homewares, furniture, stationery, beauty products and food are also to be found.

And what did I come home with?! 1 x candle snuffer + 1 x natural fiber washing up brush... I know - I really pushed the boat out!! maybe next time I'll get that £2000 antique bench!

Anyway, it is well worth a visit if you are ever in the Richmond area of London, I'm sure it is even more fantastic in the summer when all the flowers are in bloom! In the meantime, check out there website, you can view the shop products, and also have a look at the gallery as they have a great selection of pics ot browse through!

Have a great weekend! oh, and don't forget, if you are entering the competition make sure you leave an email address, or send it to me, otherwise I won't be able to contact you!



  1. Thanks for the trip down memory lane...we used to live across the bridge in St Margarets and would frequent the Nurseries, sans of our favourite places ;-)

  2. What a beautiful shop! I wish I was closer.

  3. ooh yes it is a beautiful shop there. I used to live not too far away when I was in London :0)

  4. I've been here (even did some celebrity spotting) but I agree with you - so expensive! Love the new blog design - it looks great.

  5. So expensive? I thought it had normal price for vintage and old thngs!
    Anyway, I'd love to visit it one day?
    I've made a post about them too:
    take a look:

    Have a nice week!


Pin It button on image hover