Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cheap Chic!

wow, its been a busy week, and I'm feeling guilty for neglecting my blog! :(
And when, oh when, is this freezing weather going to cease?! my fingers are numb as I type! I want to be curled up by the fire with a good book, but before that here is a little peek of Emily Chalmers gorgeous book Cheap Chic. (I might just be curling up with this!)


I've loved Emily's styling work since I got one of her other books Flea Market Style a few years ago, and Cheap Chic is just as beautiful, with the stunning photography of Debi Treloar making everything look gorgeous!



Its the perfect book for me, as I'm desperately try to create the perfect interior, but on a seriously tight budget! And while we all know markets, car boots sales and charity shops are the places to go to find those little treasures, sometimes its putting them all together that is the hard part!
So the book gives lots of ideas on display and storage for example.
The crate shelving in this plain and simple living room makes the storage solution a real focal point....

and I really want to take this idea of using an old railway sleeper as a shelf in our bedroom....


I also like the fact that Emily has incorporated some high street buys into the book, as sometimes it is just easier (and occasionally cheaper to buy high street)!! There are also 'top tips' throughout the book, which are great for quick little ideas. I think I'll be dipping into this one regularly! :)

Photography by Debi Treloar from Cheap Chic by Emily Chalmers, copyright
Ryland Peters & Small. www.rylandpeters.com

4 comments:

  1. We are doing house renovations at the mo so thanks for the inspiration! There are some gorgeous ideas there. How to do it on a budget tho, that's the key!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a good book. We're hoping to redecorate this year and, like you, we're on such a tight budget so this book might come in handy!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty... shame we don't have a bloggers library where we can borrow stuff off each other! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover