Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Liberty + Merci = Supershop!

If you are a fan of floral you are more than likely a fan of the Liberty print designs. Liberty is one of my favourite London shops, and I always try to pop in when I'm down in that part of town... so how excited was I to hear that Liberty are collaborating with one of Paris' hottest new stores - Merci?!
I visited Merci when I was in Paris at New Year, and it really is something... a huge store full of quirky and stylish items, from clothes, to furniture to stationery. My budget was really only capable of dealing with a few small pieces of stationery, but it is the whole experience of shopping there which is enjoyable.... its spacious, well designed and full of desirable items - what more could you want!?!
But if you can't make it to Paris, you can get a little taste of Merci in London this March, as there will be a 'swap shop' opening at Liberty! The fantastic brains behind Merci - Marie France Cohen is designing a limited edition range of products using the famous Liberty print. This is to include clothes, accessories, homewares, stationery, soft furnishings, fabric & gifts. One item I am particularly excited to get my hands on is a Liberty version of MT tape - the Japanese decorative tape made from rice paper. Sounds amazing....and how cute is this little suitcase?!
London swap shop opens at Liberty on 8th March until 1st April
And if you happen to be lucky enough to be in Paris, visit the swap shop at Merci from 1st March until 21st March.



  1. Wow! Sounds amazing! I visited merci in Paris last September and adored it, I am also a huge fan of all things Liberty floral. And I happen to be going to Paris on 5th March for the weekend, so you have absolutely just made my day! Thank you!

  2. oh that looks like somewhere i would want to go...i love the look of the room full of numbers and letters :) the things designed for swap shop are pretty lovely too :)


  3. Oh I so need to get to Liberty's for that...I really really do...thanks for the heads up x

  4. Oh, Liberty tape sounds lovely. I'm getting some of that tape in stock soon, but no floral designs!


Pin It button on image hover