Sunday, March 28, 2010

Country Living Fair buys!

As promised, here is what I picked up at the Country Living fair when I visited on Friday with my mum, who'd never been before and loved it.... Once you've got used to the shuffling and jostling in the crowds there are lots of lovely treasures to be found, I did have to restrain myself on a few things!

Firstly, I've been looking for a vintage tray for a while now, so when I spotted this one with gorgeous purple flowers & gold rim, I had to have it! I picked this up from the Acorn & Will stall whose cute and very kitsch range was attracting lots of shoppers...

Next, I couldn't resist the delights of Petra Boase's stall... I've bought things from her in the past as gifts, and it was tempting to buy one of everything for myself this time! Her designs are cheery and bright and so reasonably priced. I love the pink on this teatowel, which is brightening up my kitchen as we speak, and I also got some colourful cellotape and a cute notebook....

On to Indigo 11's stall, which has a neutral and rustic feel, and it was this pretty glass votive that caught my eye, priced at only £1.95 it would've been silly not to snap it up. Check out Indigo 11's website - as I think there is a wider range on here than seemed to be on display at the fair, some lovely ceramic door knobs, rustic photoframes & wicker items to be found....

I've had my eye on these cute porcelain labels for a while on Dee Puddy's website, so I grabbed one for my buttons jar! Also available were some nice vintage tins and pretty stationery....

I'm having a bit of a thing for old maps and globes at the minute, so this lovely mini globe had to come home with me! along with a new box of Prices candles which I love and which last for ages.... These were found on the Angel Bill Trading Company stall. There was a much more interesting range of vintage items at this stall than there seems to be on their website, so I guess worth catching them at a fair if you can...

And last but not least.... I have not yet mentioned our imminent new arrival at the end of April! We are soon to be sharing our home with a lovely little kitten! (names still under review!) So I was keeping my eyes peeled for some nice cat accessories, and this cute little bowl from Jane Hogben pottery just fitted the bill! I will post pics of him when he arrives in a few weeks! :)

Did you visit the Country Living Fair this weekend? What did u think/buy? I will be posting more about various exhibitors who stood out for me, so look out for those!


  1. Yes, I went on Wednesday, it was very enjoyable. I agree that Acorn & Will's stand was lovely (and know Daniella from the Vintage & Handmade Fair). My star buy was a gorgeous vintage '50's dress from Velvet Ribbon. You can see it on my blog if you fancy. V exciting news about the kitten, look forward to some photos...
    Hen x

  2. such pretty finds! i especially like the bowl with the lady bugs:)

  3. Ooooh so jealous! Love love love the buttons label...

  4. Great finds - especially the tea towel :)

  5. oh I'm so envious, I love the Country Living Fair. Normally I take my mum along, will have to wait until next year!


Pin It button on image hover