Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Books... The Comforts of Home

The Comforts of Home is the latest book from journalist & author Caroline Clifton-Mogg, and the cover text really does sum up what this book encapsulates - 'Thrifty and chic decorating ideas for making the most of what you have'
It reminds us that, it is how your display your possessions, your use of scents, and how welcoming your home is to guests is what makes a home special.

photo by Debi Treloar

photo by Polly Wreford

It has some lovely tips for making your home more comfortable and inviting to visitors, such as a stack of books for browsing, a comfortable chair and even a half finished jigsaw....

photo by Chris Tubbs

Caroline also gives lots of practical advice on things such as cleaning with natural products, how to make your cutlery sparkle and and a list of staples to create the perfect pantry.

With beautiful images and Caroline's lovely style of writing, in which she often draws on her own personal experiences, this book has to be one of my favourites of late, it is one that will definitely be referred back to regularly.

photo by Chris Tubbs

photo by Polly Wreford

The Comforts of Home is published by Ryland Peters & Small

6 comments:

  1. Ooh that looks like my kind of book.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I can see that I am going to have to add that book to my list.. It looks really nice, I love some of the pictures from it.

    Warm wishes
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohhh now that's my type of book. Right, must add it to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo! It looks lovely. I'll have to look out for it and add it to my pile. Have a cup of tea and enjoy it, won't you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I particularly like the first photo, in which the shelves and print please me, and the fourth, I which the row of hanging cups and the red checked tea towel caught my eye!

    I will have to have this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Dear
    This blog shows many good feature.These feature like very much.So i like very much...........................................
    Patchwork Books

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover