Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Kitchen Makeover

So as I mentioned in my last post we've been busy decorating the kitchen and while its not quite finished - we still need to lay a new floor - I thought I'd show you a couple of snapshots of what we've done.  We've got bigger plans for the kitchen in the future so for now its a pretty basic makeover as we are on a serious budget, but it was just in need of a freshen up and a few little stamps of our own!

I've only got a couple of phone pics of how it looked before - basically it was painted a sky blue colour and had some dodgy glass shelves which i hated, and a ropey makeshift corner shelf which all had to go....
Now it is a lovely shade of Duck Egg which really brightens up the room and in place of the old shelves we have just added a series of floating shelves...
We added the 'Kitchen' hooks which i picked up at the Graham and Green sample sale recently.... I'm really please with how the silver looks against the colour of the walls....

And finally something I've been collecting bits and bobs for for a while now - a wall display of vintage kitchenalia!
The walls look a completely different colour in these pics, but they are supposed to be the same as the earlier shots, and again I love how the silver and the duck egg work together!
Luckily you can't see the floor in these pics, which we had to partly rip up to get our dishwasher repaired this week (long story) - so as soon as we have some more time the rest will come up and be replaced with some black & white chequer board tiles! Then I will be satisfied with the room! (...for now!) ;)

5 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog from your shop email, and had to post because you have the same 'kitchen' sign as me, same radio, and duck egg blue is my favourite colour! Will be bookmarking for future reading. We desparately need a kitchen makeover - our 'before' state is pretty bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there !
    I been receiving your blogs for a number of months now and I think it's all great fun, and so refreshing. I so lookforward to receiving them.
    You may like to know that at the end on June from Friday 25th/Sat 26th and Sunday 27 I'm running a vintage POP-UP Shop from my home in Putney. We have been trawling markets, boots and antique fairs across the south of England in search of very affordable interesting objects and fashion accessories. This will be our third year and it's all to help raise funds for research into finding a vaccine for Bacterial Meningitis.
    I'd be interested to see what you think.... so hope you can pop in.
    If you'd like more info I'd be happy to wing it over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Helen,

    thanks for your comment, your pop up shop sounds very exciting! email me more info to patchwork.harmony@gmail.com

    thanks!
    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline, it's utterly beautiful! Also, I collect the 'Love Food' cookbooks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOooo just found your blog and it's lovely! I adore the kitchware wall display

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover