Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Whippet Grey

After I featured the botanical charts from Whippet Grey last week, I had a closer look at their range, and there are some fab, if a tad pricey, items on there.... Most of the items that caught my eye are originals from the 40s and 50s, so I guess a higher price tag is justified due to the rarity....  I just doubt I'll ever be able to afford them!!
Although I do like these vintage American flour sacks from the 40's, I especially want the Carolina one! These are only £18 and you can then source a frame for them yourself....
I would love one of these vintage New York subway blinds, dated from the 50's - I've seen lots of London bus ones around, but not so many of these New York ones.... they come framed and are £295.
 
They only have a few of these vintage gas station price plates left, these are £75 each! 
Some of my other faves are...
a framed set of vintage veg seed packets from around 1915! I love the graphics and fonts on these... they have  1 framed set for £88, or you could buy a set of 30 for £58 and source your own frame...
 
French metal oyster baskets, great for storage.... £45
 
vintage fireworks boxes, would look great on your desk... £48

5 comments:

  1. Have you ever visited Burgundy Brocante (think that's the name) - they have tons of vintage seed labels for SO much less..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The oyster baskets and fireworks boxes would look perfect in my fantasy home. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore almost everything they have, and I'd probably pay for items frames because otherwise, they just sit there unframed for months until i remember to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I adore the polka dot feeds one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful selection! Love the fireworks pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover