Monday, September 20, 2010

Ceramics in the City + Raffle Winners

Last Thursday evening I popped over to the Geffrye Museum for the preview evening of their 'Ceramics in the City' selling exhibition. I was on a mission to buy a gift for a friend from the fantastic Lou Rota's stand (and bagged myself a mug too!)
Lou's stand looked fantastic, it really stood out from the crowd... and here are a few of the other ceramicists work  that stood out for me....Firstly Fliff Carr's delicate and feminine pieces....
Linda Bloomfield, whose work I've seen many times before, but am still always drawn to its simple and clean design, and a little pop of colour...
I also liked the fun designs by Katrin Moye... for me they felt a bit retro with a touch of country cottage....
and finally, and possibly my favourite of the night, is Sue Paraskeva's beautifully earthy but contemporary porcelain tableware.... maybe its the rustic mood I'm in lately but I think these are really lovely, and I also love the styling of her website photography....
  
Sorry this post is a little late, the exhibition is now over, but you can check out all the ceramicists further on their websites.

And now, for the raffle winners! If you placed an order at Patchwork Harmony recently, check your order number now to see if you've won your order for free, or if you are a runner up winning a mystery gift! 
So the 2 winners, receiving the full amount of your order back again, are 404 and 400...
and the 2 runner up winners are 406 and 402....
Congratulations, I will be in touch by email.
xxx

1 comment:

  1. I love the simplicity of Linda's pieces, her pedestal cake plate is a real favourite at home. I will have to go and visit the other websites too.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover