Monday, January 17, 2011

Painting the fireplace

So I am hoping this year, hopefully in the 1st half of it, we will get round to decorating the front room, and one of my dilemmas at the moment is whether to paint the fireplace or not... But after some research I'm thinking that it is a good idea- I guess its one of those things that once its done, its done, and you can't really go back on it!  This first image is very much like the shape and layout of our room and it is really making me want to paint the floorboards white too!




  1. Go for it! paint your fireplace, all the pictures just go to prove it will look good.

    I am decorating the whole house this year, moved in last year but haven't done anything yet apart from strip all the dated wallpaper off. We are living on bare floorboards as well so I will be painting most of them white, the kitchen already has white floorboards and it looks goodd. Not too much trouble to keep clean either.

    Bee happy x

  2. What does your fireplace look like now?
    I restored and painted our fireplace, I say go for it.
    I am currently awaiting the plasterers, so I can start decorating our lounge.

  3. its very much like the one on the first pic - quite plain and with the black fireplace on the inside. If it looks like the first pic when its done I'd be very pleased! :)

  4. I just discovered your lovely blog. I'm just new into blogging & have just finished off my own blog on fashion & interior design.
    I had a lot of fun putting it together. I would love your feedback on it if you've got a spare minute.

  5. If you have a cast iron fireplace - please please please just black-lead it and don't paint it. It will de-value it it if you paint it! The surround will look lovely painted though.
    I painted my bathroom floor in a very pale dove grey by Farrow & Ball; it's called Blackened and looks great with any other colour you have in the room.
    Good luck with your project!


Pin It button on image hover