Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Repurposing...

I love to see vintage things being repurposed as something else other than its intended use.... at Kempton Park market today my friend inspired me with her ideas - using old playing cards to make greetings cards, and old metal moulds to turn into bookends! A little bit of imagination can go a long way! ;)
I spotted the work of stylist Tara Sloggett over at Decor 8 - who has some great examples of repurposing....


Whether its a big statement like the shutters as a headboard, or a small touch like just using an old jam jar for tealights - there's just something more interesting about doing this kind of thing! 


Oh, and this pic below is just because I wish I could be in it right now! Gorgeous! :)

 Would love to hear if you've repurposed anything yourself that you're particularly proud of!

View more of Tara's work at her website

1 comment:

  1. What great images, oh for those blissful summer days. In this grey the thought of a hammock and picnic is so very appealing!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover