Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ice Cream & Antiques in Rye


Well! what a fantastic Easter weekend we just had! The perfect opportunity for a little day trip... On Saturday we jumped in the car and toodled down to Rye, in East Sussex.  First stop was for some ice cream, and then a wander round the lovely cobbled streets.  There was wisteria in full bloom on every corner, quirky galleries, and an abundance of tea shops!

 

One of my fave parts of the day was of course rummaging in the antique shops! There are quite a few perfectly grouped together along Strand Quay so you can just duck in and out....
 
For lovers of kitchenalia, Country Ways (below) will literally make your heart race! Full of enamelware, glassware, kitchen utensils and so much more, I wanted everything so much to the point that I bought nothing, as I could never have chosen! I wish I could just pop back in there now and make a decision!
 A lovely day which we rounded off with eating our picnic by the church, buying some fudge and then popping over to Winchelsea beach for a peek at the sea!
xxx

2 comments:

  1. This antique shop has a lot of great stuff to offer! Thanks for posting!

    Silver MLM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, it all looks so picturesque, definitely my cup of tea! Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover