Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother Nature

Another hectic week has flown by! I haven't had a chance to post some pics from the bank holiday weekend.... I will spare you my Royal Wedding party pics as I think I've missed the boat on that one! old news! But I was inspired by a walk the other half and I went on last Saturday.  We drove up to Leith Hill in Surrey, to track down the bluebell woods, before they all disappear...


It was a gorgeous day and the bluebells were beautiful... (although it did take us about 3 hours to find them!) I found myself collecting things along the way, and it reminded me about how much we bring the outdoor world into our home decor... obviously plants and cut flowers, fabrics and wallpapers featuring flora and fauna... but also the idea of found objects, such as feathers, pretty stones, leaves, shells etc.


 Not a new idea by any means, but I think it is the way you display them...
Elle Decoration has a lovely feature in this months issue of a Sydney home - and I love how they have displayed sea urchin and sea shells in jars...
 

I wish we had Pottery Barn in the UK, they have some gorgeous things, such as these jars....
I love how they've styled them here....

Or simply collect them in bowls ...

Frame your found objects... Or just buy these ones from Etsy sellers who have done the work for you! 

 
Here are some of the things I found on my walk used in some product photos for my shop!


pics: 1-3: Me, 4&5: Burcu Avsar 6: Debi Treloar 7&8: Chris Court 9: Elle Decoration  10: Pottery Barn 11: Holly Jolliffe  12: Etsy  13: Etsy  14&15: Patchwork Harmony

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, and what gorgeous styling!

    Please could you post a few of your wedding party pictures?

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover