Saturday, June 4, 2011

Lightbulb idea

I've always found it really hard to find lampshades I like.  Not so much for ceiling lights, but for lampbases.  I don't know why, I just don't seem to like that many... So for that reason we don't really have lamps in our house! But then a few months ago I picked up a lampbase in a junk shop for £1, bargain.  But what for the shade?! And then... I see this photo in Rue Magazine:


No need for a shade! Perfect! So, I'm giving it a go with my £1 lamp base with a globe bulb in it...
I actually really like the bare bulb look...


Decor 8 has some great projects using exposed bulbs...
(click on photos for project info)

What do think? Could you go shadeless?! 
xxx

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure I'm bold enough to go shadeless, but I totally share your difficulty in finding lights you like. Here in Switzerland everything is super high tech and well, frankly, ugly...it's an ongoing problem!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover