Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Jam Jar Love

So this week I had a little photo session getting some brand new products up onto the Patchwork Harmony boutique! Check out the NEW section here for more like this lovely butter dish below...
And when I went to get up some props for the shoot I picked up a jar of Bonne Maman Caramel, as seen in these shots... mainly because I liked the unusual coloured jar, different from the usual red and blue.  I am still mourning the loss of a purple jar that I'd bought in a French supermarket last summer only to have it confiscated by the airport officials!! :(

 
{Not long after these photos were taken I was tucking into those pancakes covered in the Caramel, and I can confirm, it is pretty amazing!}

Anyway, it reminded me of the love there is out there for Bonne Maman, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of that is down to their classic jar design... there is even Flickr groups celebrating it! And while browsing Flickr I came across this lovely set of photographs by Sad Ferret all featuring Bonne Maman jars....
 





You can see the full set here

Do you hoard Bonne Maman jars too? Would love to hear if you have any unusual uses for them! 
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Yeah love jam jars... we put all our wedding flowers in jam jars :) Love that first blue floral pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several... one is filled with buttons, one is filled with one of each kind of mosaic glass tile that I have in my collection, one is filled with all different types of paper clips... I could go on and on and on.. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look beautiful with flowers in xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in Paris, I may be able to send you Bonne Maman jars, what do you think?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the offer Ellay! Might take you up on that at some point! my boyfriends mum lives in France, so next time I'm over I'm gonna stop up and put them in a suitcase!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover