Friday, June 22, 2012

A weekend in France

we had a lovely time in France last weekend, the weather was very kind to us, and we fitted lots in, sightseeing, relaxing, wedding planning, eating, drinking....! I thought I'd share a few snaps as the area is just so beautiful.... 

On a Friday morning there is a market in Riberac, its a real mixed bag of wares, and I've always got my beady eye out for some vintage goodies, but to be honest there's not much to be had there, apart from a few pieces of furniture on one stall... there is lots of lovely local produce, flowers and cute dogs to look at though...!  

we did find one junk shop in a village called Le Tour Blanche.  Its is literally choc-a-block of bric-a-brac! you had to clamber over furniture and boxes of things, but I love that!  

and then in Auberterre, I spent quite a while digging through the vintage doilies, tablecloths, teatowels and other loveliness in this little shop...
 
It was a lovely trip, and I'm even more excited now about planning our wedding there! :) 

9 comments:

  1. what fantastic photos - rally captures the essence of a weekend in France. How lucky to be planning a wedding there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos here, specially the first one and some of the others too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great place, and I'm liking all those bric-a-brac shops. Hope the wedding plans are coming along well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, there are those little slates again - love those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I so love France!
    Thank you for bringing a little home for us...

    Tilly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. merci pour ce partage de très jolies photos pour une région que je ne connais pas! bises

    ReplyDelete
  7. your photos are lovely, what a wonderful place to be married!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Junk Shops look amazing! GLooks like an amazing break!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover