Monday, October 15, 2012

Design your own fabric

Have you ever searched high and low for that perfect fabric? the right pattern, colour, weight? I remember how long it took me to choose the fabric for our living room curtains, I agonised for weeks!

So why not design your own fabric via Spoonflower? I came across this site recently after an interview I did for the latest 91 Magazine with Holly Bimba from Golly Bard. Its also possible to design your own wallpaper and wall decals too!

You can find all the tips for how to create your own designs and upload here - I think this is such a great idea - you could even use your childrens drawings and create a really personalised fabric, or perhaps you just want a simple design but need specific colours... the possibilities are endless! :)

If you don't fancy the process of making your own design, you can always browse the hundreds of patterns created by others that are for sale on the site too, there are loads on there so be prepared to lose a few hours scrolling through the site! These are a few of the patterns that caught my eye...

3 comments:

  1. Good work…unique site and interesting too… keep it up…looking forward for more updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow.... there goes any chance of me getting a decent nights sleep; instead I will be scrolling through hundreds of swatches of owl wallpaper :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great post . It is really awesome to see this kind of phenomenal work that is written. Great to read.

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover