Thursday, December 27, 2012

My 2012 in pictures

Well we are just a few days off the end of 2012. Its been a great year, so like last year, I thought I'd share a few of my highlights, before I head off to Switzerland to see in the new year in the mountains! If you want to see more pics or read more just click on the links throughout. 

2012 was kicked off was an amazing 6 week holiday to South East Asia, visiting Vietnam and Cambodia, watching 2 friends tie the knot in Koh Samui, Thailand, and then getting engaged myself in Koh Tao! What a trip, I will never forget it!

We've been to a quite a few weddings this year! As well as our friends in Thailand, we've been to two in Northern Ireland and one in Sussex...

In May my mum threw us a little engagement party for friends and family back home. A vintage tea party theme of course!  

It really has been a year of celebrations all round! In June we had the Queens Diamond Jubilee, for which we threw another tea party for! 

 It was so lovely walking around the neighbourhood and coming across street parties and people just coming together to have a great time! 

In June we popped over to France, as we'd decided to have our wedding there, and we wanted to start a little bit of planning, and have a little bit of break too! 

So with a year until our wedding I was already in full swing planning mode! looking for inspiration, making a scrapbook, the works! 

I spent the summer scouring the markets and car boots sales for props and craft materials....

We started to practice our macaroon making skills, as we wanted to try and have as many handmade touches as possible at our wedding! It definitely takes a while to master these, but I think we've improved gradually....!

And in August, myself and my 3 bridesmaids met in Paris for a day of wedding dress shopping! I thought where else to look for my dress than in the capital of the country I'm getting married in! This is the glass ceiling in Galerie Lafayette where I tried on some dresses....

And a trip to Paris is not complete without a little bit of vintage shop rummaging and a visit to the most perfect of tea shops! 

In September I launched the new Patchwork Harmony website... after long deliberation, I decided to wind down my online shop to concentrate on 91 Magazine as well as other editorial work and I also launched a new service, offering small business advice to new creative start ups. New business cards were definitely needed! 

At the end of Sept, we returned to France for some more wedding planning, including checking out our venue (below).  And of course fitted in a few visits to brocantes - essentially wedding planning business! 

In October, my other half produced another one of his legendary birthday cakes! And we spent my birthday rummaging in Spitalfields market... perfect! 

A friend surprised me with an exciting night out! 

2012 has been a great year for 91 Magazine. I've published 4 issues and our readership has been growing steadily. I've met and worked with so many fantastic people over the last year on this project and I am really excited to see where it takes us in 2013. At the end of October I held a little get together for my contributors which was really great fun. 

In November, my fiancé and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary as a couple! We treated ourselves to a little break down in Somerset, of course when there was some bad flooding, but that didn't stop us having a lovely trip!

December brought another celebration! A very unexpected one.... I won the Women in Publishing New Venture award for 91 Magazine! Such an honour, and a fantastic way to end a very busy year. 

We rounded off the year with a quiet Christmas at home, followed by a few days in Switzerland where we'll head this weekend! 

It really has been an incredible year! So many celebrations and the anticipation of exciting times ahead! I hope you have had a fantastic year too, and I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store! 

Happy new year everyone! xxx


  1. What a fantastic year! Brilliant photographs- so colourful :) Wishing you an even better 2013!

  2. Wow what a great year. Congratulations! Xxx

  3. Lovely to see such a nice overview with quite a few highlights! We went to Cambodia for our honeymoon and it was amazing like your pictures. Congratulations and all the best wishes for 2013.

  4. It looks like you had a lovely year in 2012.
    I'm looking forward to seeing all your work in 2013 :)

  5. Caroline - your photographic year is beautiful, and so very, very you. Lovely. I know 2013 hold big things for you, so good luck with those. Also, thank you for 91. It makes me very happy. :)

  6. I love your photos - the ones of France are especially inspiring, they make me want to jump straight on the Eurostar, despite the snow!


Pin It button on image hover