Thursday, December 13, 2012

We've won an award!

Last night was a very exciting night. I found out last week that I had been shortlisted for the Women in Publishing New Venture award for 91 Magazine! Last night was the awards ceremony at the beautiful Women's University Club in Mayfair.  I went along with no expectations at all of winning as I don't think I've ever won anything in my life before!

In the drawing room of this beautiful building with its hand painted walls and a cosy fire burning in the corner, we excitedly listened to the awards being announced firstly for the Pandora Award, which interesting went to the CEO of Pearson, who own the FT, the newspaper I work for. Then they announced a commendation and the runner up of the New Venture award, both great women doing fab things in publishing. When I heard them say my name as the winner I literally nearly burst into tears! I was so shocked! ;) Luckily I held it together to say a few words and receive my certificate... I really was so overwhelmed and honoured to win this. 

91 Magazine has been my little baby for the last year and a half, and it is so wonderful to be awarded this from such a great organsiation that has been running since 1979.  It is also such a lovely way to finish off 2012 and really our first year of 91 Magazine. The support from the contributors, readers, advertisers and my two beautiful assistants Charlotte & Hannah, has really been amazing! I feel so proud of everything we've done as a group, and this award is not just for me, its for everyone who has put something into the magazine since it launched last year. Thank you so much everyone, and here's to an even more exciting 2013! xxx

9 comments:

  1. Well done you and the team behind he magazine which deserve the award. It is still the early days for your new venture think of all the amazing opportunities and things awaiting to happen. When you work hard and with passion things happen, I know that because I am experiencing the same, so from a very cold Peckham i wish a very good 2013 full of success to 91 magazine and to all of you, off I am to my bed again to recover from a nasty cold...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is such fantastic news, well done Caroline! I'm very proud to be even a small part of such a fantastic publication - it really is a gorgeous magazine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Caroline and the team! You deserve it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic news. It's a fab magazine, beautifully put together and very inspirational. Well done to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS!!! You deserve it, it's so nice to get acknowledged for good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so brilliant..I've just discovered your magazine and I love it so much..I can see that you do too and it really shows in the work you've produced, go team 91 !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well deserved, many congratulations x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caroline, this is such fantastic news, and so well deserved.... well done to you all! Hollie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emus Upcycled Gifts is nominating you for the Liebster Award http://emusupcycledgifts.wordpress.com/2012/12/13/nominated-for-the-liebster-award/ whether you choose to participate or not (and for the “rules”), please know that I have found much inspiration from your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover