Sunday, January 6, 2013

Live what you love in 2013

Photo via Kikki-K

So here we are, a week into 2013 already. I hope you all had a very happy new year! We spent a lovely few days in Switzerland, appreciating nature at its grandest. Sometimes I think you just need that little escape from the daily grind to sit back and take stock, and decide what you really want from life and how you are going to get it.

We get so caught up in our routines that until you break it, you don't have a chance to think about how you could change things for the better.  You just keep plodding on, and before you know it, another year has passed. Not this year though! 2013 is the year for change! Its time to follow our hearts but still use our heads!

New Years resolutions rarely work, it is better to start the new year with a fresh outlook on life and try to maintain those positive thoughts. Goodness, I am starting to sound like a life coach! But what I'm really trying to say is, if you have a dream, roll with it. Don't continue to 'dream' it. Start making plans to put it into action. Buy yourself a notebook and start writing down your thoughts & ideas, but also write down how you think you can achieve it. Chat to trusted friends about your plans and bounce ideas off other creatives.

I never would have thought that just over a year after launching 91 Magazine that I would have won an award for it! It was a seed of an idea back in the summer of 2011 that I easily could have put to the back of my mind, after all, I already had a full time job, an online shop and a blog to contend with! But I thought, lets just give it a go. If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work, and there is no shame in trying.

So, this year I intend to keep 'giving it a go'. You only have one opportunity to live your life and I for one do not want to look back when I'm 80 and regret not trying.

Whatever your endeavors are for 2013, I'd love to hear them, and hopefully we can all support each other making that change and living what we love!



  1. I love this. I am setting out this year to change things I'm not happy with - my main aims are improving my health and our home. I am working on both day to day :)

    1. Both very worthy things to improve! I hope to tend to our house more too, I can't believe we've lived here more than 3 yrs and haven't done half the things we'd planned! Good luck with ur plans!! X

  2. There's no doubt that the first commentators could be straight, That's amazing, continue to keep that away I will be looking meant for the next one ideas! promotional products

  3. Awesome and lovely thoughts. Also buy furniture from Online Furniture Store or a Furniture Store and give a good look to your home.

  4. Very cool sentiment! This year my goal is to buy independent, something I'm writing about at my new blog, The Indie Shopper. Not that I need another blog, or project for that matter, but it felt like an important thing to me and is already challenging and inspiring me in fresh ways, after less than two weeks! It's definitely important to follow your dreams wherever they take you.


Pin It button on image hover