Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My latest vintage find

I don't know about you, but sometimes when I'm rummaging in a vintage shop or a market, I tend to 'um and ah' over things for ages, often talking myself out of them, walking away to think about it only to discover later its gone. But then other times, I just come across something and I grab it with both hands, and skip off to the till straight away!

This morning I had one of those moments. I'd just popped out to collect a few things from town, and as always when I've got a few spare moments, I popped into the Kingston Antiques Centre. After about 10 mins of browsing, this lovely tray was just there, perched on a stool. Oh! the colours, the floral motif, the perfect dinky size!! And an extra bonus to be had - just £8! which I thought was a pretty good price. Here she is, do you like?!

 
Other items: Spoon - I got this in the Oliver Bonas sale for £1.50 //  Mug - I used to stock these in my boutique // Gold Pencil - Paperchase, 85p // Mini Notebook - Bentalls, Kingston, £2 // 'Smile' postcard, Paperchase, 60p //

Have you had any vintage finds like this recently, where you know as soon as you lay eyes on it, it has to be yours?! I'd love to hear! xxx

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I've been to the Kingston Antiques Centre! It's wonderful, isn't it? I bought a little copper tea tin there that's one of my favourite ever kitchen things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most lovely tray ever to be seen dxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like it very much. I feel another visit to Kingston's antique centre coming on

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice find! That colour is so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! That vivid turquoise is lovely. Very springtimey too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I noticed that you'll be a expert for your blog! I am just commencing a website soon, plus your tips will be very used by me. Many thanks your entire assist as well as wishing everyone your results within your home branded apparel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Turquoise is one of my favourite colours, but is often so hard to find in vintage pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely little tray!
    My recent 'must have' was a set of pink, fluted glass cups and saucers, photographed this morning while there was some watery sunlight to be had, and posted on my Facebook page this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover