Friday, February 15, 2013

Washi tape decorating

There really does seem to be mass obsession for washi tape in the craft and styling world. I for one know I am drawn to it everytime I spot some in a stationery shop, and reguarly find myself scouring the web for new and interesting colours and patterns. I love seeing peoples collections, not only does it look great on gifts and crafty projects, the rolls also look gorgeous stacked high in your workspace! 

via 88forever
via New House Project

via Torie Jayne


via Amy Tangerine

Crafters and stylists already use washi tape to adorn anything and everything, and there are so many great creative projects to be found on Pinterest, so I guess it was only a matter of time before the makers of MT tape would develop something to actually use in decorating! They have launched MT Casa, extra wide rolls of tape, and also circular tape which would be great if you want to create a polka dot wall...

 




I'm envisaging homes everywhere completely plastered in washi tape from ceiling to floor! What do you think? Is it a great idea, or is it a step too far with the washi tape obsession?! For me personally, I think I could see myself using it on a small piece of furniture to add colour perhaps, but I think wrapping my entire kitchen in it is highly unlikely! :)

If you want to get your mitts on some, pop over to Molly-Meg who are stocking a selection.

5 comments:

  1. So adorable! I saw a post from Decor8 using Washi to give frames a new look. I'm not sure if I can find Washi tapes here but I think I really could use them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's your favorite place to get Washi Tape? Also, will it say Washi on the roll or will there be another name on it? Very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a couple of rolls in my christmas stocking and I'm totally smitten. I could happily cover everything with washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are so inspiring. I am thinking of all the things in my house I can give an instant update to now! Thanks!

    Johanna @messylabstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover