Monday, March 25, 2013

DIY: fabric bunting gift bag

I had a friend's birthday this weekend, and I wanted to jazz up the gift bag for her presents. I only had some plain brown paper bags available, so I decided to add some fabric bunting to the bag, using some scrap fabric and floral fabric tape. SO simple, cheap and easy to do, so I thought I'd share it here!


What you need: a plain paper bag, fabric scraps, fabric tape or washi tape, scissors
(This floral tape I picked up in a shop in Switzerland, but you can buy it on Etsy, and apparently Tiger are stocking some now too.)

Simply cut square flags from your fabric, or you could do triangle flags if you prefer. 

Position your flags across the bottom of the bag, and then measure your tape strip to the width of the bag, ans stick down! simples! 



Its a really adaptable idea, that could be used for Easter gift bags too, or you could put it around jam jars to spruce them up. Its a great way to use up those little bits of fabric you've got knocking around too!

9 comments:

  1. This is lovely and will be very much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much! Super sweet. Paperchase (Tottenham Court Road) sell the fabric tape too.

    My Crafty Fox Boxes have got little bags of scraps in them this month, so will share this with my subscribers too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Emily! Will have to check out good old paperchase! Let me know if u need any pics of this to share with ur subscribers! X

      Delete
  3. These look great and so simple even I could manage it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Just bought some fabric washi tape, and have scraps from my Crafty Fox Box, so will be giving this a try! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea, love it!

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea, especially for using up those tiny left over bits of favourite fabrics that I hate to throw away. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely idea - will definitely try this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent gift bags. I like this design.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover