Monday, March 18, 2013

Pretty Pastel Style event

We've had some really rubbish weather the last while in the UK, fingers crossed for some warmth and sunshine soon! But Spring is definitely on its way to Kingston Upon Thames this Friday! (22nd March) The lovely Selina Lake is launching her latest book, Pretty Pastel Style at Market House in Kingston. (just a hop, skip and a jump from my house! yay!)

 If you made it to Selina's last book launch, Homespun Style, in Brick Lane, you will know how fabulous it was - filled with stallholders with only the prettiest of wares, plus pretty vintage and floral decor and of course tea and cakes! This event is set to be just as good, if not better! This week I received a copy of the book, and it is truly beautiful. The perfect book for this time of year when you feel the need for colour as well as light and airy interiors. It firmly brings pastel colours up to date, and gives the look a modern edge.

The event on Friday is showcasing some of my favourite designers/sellers, as well as a few I haven't come across before, and Yvonne from Yvestown will be giving free crochet workshops, which is something I really want to have a go at. The theme of the day is of course those beautiful sugary shades, and I've got a feeling my wallet is about to take a pounding!

Sellers include Peach Blossom, Vicky Trainor,  Mia Fleur, Sesame and Lilly and Abigail Warner to name just a few. 

Let me know if you are planning to pop along as would be lovely to meet some of my readers!

via Selina's blog
See Selina Lake's blog for more info. She has a great guide to Kingston Upon Thames, with the best shops and places to eat, so you can make a day of it!


  1. Thanks for the FANTASTIC post! This information is really good and thanks a ton for sharing it :-) I m looking forward desperately for the next post of yours.. Stock Tips

  2. So sad to miss it - have fun!

  3. Thanks so much for the mention Caroline! Looking forward to meeting you on Friday :)

  4. I've just read about it on another blog and I like a lot those photos. The book seems to be great.

  5. you make mind blowing ideas and a spectacular article here. Last time, when I saw your site this was a little good but today I visit the web site again and find that you guys making a very smart work on the site. Today Web surfing is run very fast and a huge competition over the web is spread. So it is quite interesting. promotional staffing


Pin It button on image hover