Thursday, April 18, 2013

Current Obsession: Plastikote paint

A while ago I shared a little jar jam lid upcycling project which involved some bright pink spray paint. Since then my obsession with Plastikote paint has been gaining momentum. At Selina Lake's recent book launch, Plastikote had a stall and were giving away free cans of paint, and ever since I have been eyeing up everything in sight with a view to giving it a spray.

Some more jam jar lids have had the treatment and I have just moved on to something a little bigger. I realise this is not 'furniture makeover of the year' but this little stool was in need of something to brighten its day.  I'd bought it a few years ago at a Graham and Green warehouse sale, but have since went off the colour and he was getting a bit battered looking from being kicked around the kitchen when I needed something out of a high cupboard....

So as the weather is finally warm enough to be out in the garden for longer than 20 secs, I decided it was time for a bit of a spray job! As I say, its not awarding winning, but I think it really does give a new lease of life to something that was cruising towards a one way trip to the charity shop! :)

So much easier to do that getting out a pot of paint and a brush, and dries really quickly. Especially good for people like me with no patience! I've got a feeling more things in this house are going to receive the Plastikote treatment soon! 


  1. It look so gorgeous... Colors are very pretty !

  2. Very pretty colour! I'm still obsessed with Annie Sloan paint but thinking about using a spray paint instead to save time, but when I have tried it in the past it has bubbled leaving a cracked effect - did you have this problem? Tracy x

    1. Was it Plastikote you tried using? I haven't had any problems with bubbling or cracking - it goes on really smoothly. I do several thin coats rather than 1 heavy one... :)

  3. Saw you're recent blog when I went onto mine I really like what you are doing with the plastikote paint the stool looks great :)

  4. I'm going to give this stuff a try - love the little stool transformation.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger


Pin It button on image hover