Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Flamingo love

The pink plastic flamingo designed by Don Featherstone in 1957 became one of the most popular accessories for American lawns in the 50s and was even declared “an essential contribution to American folk art,” by the governor of Massachusetts in 1987! The flamingo, as a commodity, has generally been viewed as a tad on the tacky side and more likely to be seen lit in neon outside a Las Vegas bar than bringing style to your interior. But, this summer, flamingos are back and they have style in bucket loads!
via Est Magazine - issue 7
via Farrow and Ball's Pinterest page
via Erica Smith

Down that Little Lane - Canvas by Wallstudio - $89

via Florence Finds

via Gabriel Valdivieso

via Sharon Montrose

from H&M's HOME collection

Wallstickers, Love Mae, $44.95

1/ Vintage plate art kit, Lou Rota, £21     2/ Flamingo print,Urban Outfitters, £20     3/ Teatowel, Future and Found, £9  4/ Dinner plate, Lou Rota, £45      5/ Salt and Pepper set, Urban Outfitters, £5     6/ Wallpaper by Cole and Son

So are you a flamingo fan?! Not only is it a beautiful animal, it's also pink! What more could you want?! I'd love to hear if you're a fan of this trend. xxx


  1. Ooohhhh I rather love the Florence Finds one!!! That would look fabulous on my wall!! x

  2. My computer had a meltdown mid comment so apologies if I am repeating myself!!

    I love flamingos... they're a strange obsession of mine! I have the Lou Rota mugs with the flamingos on and I adore them.

    Victoria x

  3. Flamingos are great! There is something just so fun about them! Perhaps it's the colour. Even Ikea are hopping onto this trend which is great - a budget buy for me :)



Pin It button on image hover