Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Current obsession: Crochet

If you follow me on Instagram you may have spotted my recent attempts at mastering crochet. It's kinda become my latest obsession, after I had an introduction to it with Mollie Makes editor Lara while at the Cybher blogging event the other week. I found it really tricky at first, especially as I am left handed and most tutorials online are shown by right handed people! But I persisted and finally managed to get the hang of it... to an extent! At the weekend I whipped up this little beauty, and yes, I have obscured it a little so you can't see the faults in it! ha!


Since then I've been fantasising about what I might be able to make in a few months time, and at the same time getting inspired by ways of incorporating crochet into your interior in a stylish and up to date way. The art of crochet has definitely seen a resurgence over recent years with the likes of Emma Lamb, Ilaria from IDA Interior Lifestyle, and the lovely Granny Chic ladies Rachelle and Tif putting the cool back into to crochet!

via Pinterest

via ToveMichelle/Flickr

via ToveMichelle/Flickr

via Style Files

via IDA Interior Lifestyle/Flickr

via IDA Interior Lifestyle/Flickr

via harligthemma

via Emma Lamb

via Emma Lamb

via Lululand/Flickr

via Pinterest

via Pinterest

via ToveMichelle/Flickr

via IDA Interior Lifestyle/Flickr

I love the subtle crochet detail on these cushions by Rosehip too. So pretty...



I'd love to hear if you're a crochet fan and if you've got any tips for the best resources for learning etc. Share that crochet love! ;)

xxx

12 comments:

  1. I wish all of these pictures were my home, I wish I had been brave enough to go and try crocheting with Mollie Makes but I have been so unsuccessful in the past I didn't. I love your square, it's so pretty, I would love some bunting for my bathroom x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh bathroom bunting would be fab! :)
      I think its one of those things you have to persist with until it clicks. you should give it another go! x

      Delete
  2. Hi Caroline, now you have caught the crochet bug, you will have to come along to one of our mini crochet bunting workshops! I am left-handed too although I was forced to learn to crochet right-handed at school [being the only 'leftie' in the class], so I can teach both now! I bought some beautiful crochet edged pillowcases from Rosehip last year and they are as gorgeous in the flesh as they are in her amazing photos! Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo, I do need an excuse for a trip to York! ;)
      Rosehip pillows are beautiful aren't they x

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous images, particularly love the edging on the pillowcases... now where did I put my hook? ... Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh that is a lot of inspiration, yum! I had a good go at crocheting a couple of years ago and made a few granny squares which now act as coasters. I have a bag FULL of lovely yarn waiting to be turned into a granny stripe blanket but I've yet to set aside time to actually start! Your post has definitely made me feel more like it. Hope you're taking yarn and a needle on your honeymoon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned basic crochet many years ago but had forgotten most of what I learned. Wanted to start again, found my very first blog Attic24, was totally inspired, went on a one day workshop with a local blogger and ..... was hooked! I'm a leftie too but found it easy to follow by sitting opposite tutor and mirroring. I find the tutorials on Attic24 are perfect for me. Looking forward to meeting other 'hookers' at Yarndale in Skipton in September.
    I'm sure you will get a lot of pleasure from your new craft.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love crochet but am drawn to the less colourful examples - think it has a greater opportunity for timelessness then. My mum crocheted me a big spread for our bed which I love http://mycreativephotography.co.uk/2012/10/19/happy-friday-16/

    Obviously requires a lot of patience (which isn't one of my strong points). If you want to meet up for a crochet session let me know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All absolutely gorgeous! One day, one day, I will learn to crochet :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey. I'm a fellow left-handed crochet addict! I learnt a couple of years ago and haven't stopped since! I love lots of crafts, but nothing has had me quite as enthralled as crochet. Oh the yarn. Oh the patterns. Oh the relaxation. Thanks for all the inspiration in this post. And another very inspiring crochet lady... Ingrid at woodwoolstool.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover