Friday, June 21, 2013

Preparing to say 'I Do'

via Society 6
After 15 months of planning, pinning, crafting and restraining myself from banging on about wedding stuff here on my blog, our big day is very nearly here. It seems your thoughts really do become consumed by all things wedding in the last few weeks, so I'm sorry, but here it is; an all singing, all dancing wedding post! I doubt that even if you are not interested in wedding blogs or wedding ideas, you can't fail to be inspired by these pretty pictures! I must say, I'm not sure how anyone ever planned a wedding before Pinterest. Obviously it was a case of the good old scrapbook of magazine cuttings, but Pinterest really is so convenient, inspiring and easy to organise that it has been my lifeline with planning the 'look' for our day. Still, my biggest fear is that all these themes and details that I've been gathering and making over the last few months don't actually 'go' when all brought together on the day. You don't get a dry run with these things, so fingers crossed it all works...

Of course, weddings are not just about the styling, the pretty decorations and 'the dress'! It's about celebrating your love for one another and the future you have planned together. It's about having the people who are most dear to you in your life witness you declare your commitment and share in your happiness. But most importantly its about the two of you as a couple.  I'm looking forward to that moment when we see each other for the first time on the day in all our finery, letting all the stress fade away and just saying 'I Do'.

But, we must get back to those pretty things I mentioned before! Firstly I thought I'd share a little peek at our wedding invites and save the dates. I commissioned Charlotte Love to created the illustrations of us, which I adore. I then printed them myself on watercolour paper from Crafty Computer Paper, and added various ribbons and tapes! I love how Charlotte included our little cat Claude in the basket of the bicycle!


And here is a little of the inspiration (believe me there was a lot!) I've been gathering over the past 12 months or so, which gives an idea of how I at least hope our day might look! I've felt a little bit of pressure as so many people have said that they are sure my wedding will look amazing, But the fact is, I'm not a stylist, I'm a blogger and an editor, so I doubt it will be anywhere near as styled and perfect as my Pinterest boards, but fingers crossed the French countryside will make it spectacular no matter what!





I don't have many of the photo credits unfortunately as most were via Pinterest, but the ones I know are also blogs or websites which I referred to regularly while researching for our wedding, although there were MANY more! Style Me Pretty, Love my Dress, Lucy Says I Do, Wedding Chicks, Laure de Sagazan, Delphine Maniviet, BHLDN, Ellie Grover Photography to mention a few.

Anyway, I shall leave you with that and I will see you on the other side when I will be Mrs Rowland!

Au Revoir! 

xxx

11 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline

    What a lovely blog post... :-)

    Wishing you a wonderful wedding..!

    Very best wishes
    Rona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have the most wonderful day Caroline... it looks like it's going to be beautiful. Soak it up!
    Bethan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it is going to be an absolutely beautiful day, enjoy! And congratulations x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, good luck, there's nowt like a summer wedding! have a magic day. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog and magazine are absolutely adorable so you can be sure your wedding will be beautiful! I'm also going through the wedding planning craziness and I hear ya when nearly all I think about are wedding things =) Thanks for being an inspiration, there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

    ~Joanna <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Caroline, what beautiful invitations. You have been VERY quiet about wedding things on the blog - were it not for your Pinterest,I'd maybe have been demanding pictures :)

    Good luck and enjoy your wedding day. Try to take it as slowly as possible, and take in as much as possible. It kind of rushes by. I'm so excited for you (two)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh this is beautiful!!! I love seeing wedding inspiration. I used to run a wedding blog! I'm sure your big day will be nothing short of amazing. Can't wait to see the photos--and congrats :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful inspiration here, Caroline! Can't wait to get the full scoop on the wedding, and hear how it all went. I am sure it was an absolute dream. Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pictures are a real delight for the eye; I hope your wedding turn out to be just as pretty or even prettier. Congratulations on your wedding, I admire you for having the guts to take such an important step and I hope your new life will be wonderful.


    Please visit My Webblog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Caroline. I'm sure you're going to have a magical day. Such pretty pictures & I love the 'happy tears hankies'. Such a sweet idea. Have a wonderful, wonderful day and look forward to hearing all about it when your resurface!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess you got married by now, so congratulations of both of you!! I am sure you had a wonderful day and it was all very pretty and yummy, enjoy your holidays and see you around here when back.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover