Friday, July 26, 2013

Our honeymoon snaps

I must say, after the wedding was all over, all I wanted to do was sleep. I've heard a lot of people say that in the past but thought I'd be fine as we had a whole week in France before the big day to take it easy with the preparations. But hey, turned out I didn't really sleep for about 3 nights before and things were super hectic the last 2 days. Then the day after was spent sorting, clearing and
packing to leave. So when we finally got on honeymoon I was nodding off at every occasion! So glad we decided to stay in Europe and not go long haul or I would have been contending with jet lag too!

Anyway, I thought I'd just post a few pics of our trip, as it really was lovely, and one of my fave things to do on holiday is to take photos. We like going off the beaten track and capturing the parts of a place that not everyone might see. Some people might think my holiday photos are a bit odd, as I tend to see beauty in things like a wall with peeling paint, or an interesting door handle, but to me that's what captures the atmosphere of a place as its those little details that give it character.

Anyway, our first stop was a night in Nice. The Tour de France was in town which made my new hubby very happy, although did cause us a bit of bother when we were trying to get out of the town to the airport, but that's a long story! I loved the old town part of Nice, and even managed to sniff out a flea market! Its also lovely strolling along the promenade and just soaking up the holiday atmosphere....






Luckily we made our flight from Nice to Naples and took a taxi late that night along to the Amalfi Coast and to Positano where we were staying for 4 nights. 

We woke up the next morning to this at the lovely Villa Rosa. This breakfast on our balcony every morning was definitely a highlight of the trip! Yes, we are simple folk! a nice breakfast keeps us happy!



We had one morning were we had heavy rain for a few hours, but we didn't let it deter us, and went out taking photos and exploring....








This is us the morning we took the boat from Positano to Capri, all relaxed and in full holiday mode!


I became a little obesssed with all the beautiful tiles everywhere, and has inspired me to tile our kitchen floor like this when we get it done soon...






These were some of the souvenirs we took home, a 'beware of the cat' sign! and some paper bags from a deli in Positano! :) 

Such a fab honeymoon, which I could do it all over again! Hope you enjoyed a peek at the pics!

xxx

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations! These photos are fab x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures. Reminded me so much of our trip to the Amalfi coast over 10 years ago. We stayed in Ravello and visited Positano and Capri. Just loved walking around Capri peering through gateways into peoples gardens. I can still remember the vivid colour and scent of the Bougainvillea. I loved the tiles too and nobody does food packaging quite like the Italians. Glad you had a wonderful time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos! I'm going to the Amalfi Coast in a couple of weeks and I would love to do a day in Capri. Do you have any advice of how to get there and what to do once there? :) thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where are u staying on the coast? We took a boat from Positano and all the places to book are right on the beach so easy to find! ;)

      Delete
    2. We're staying in Conca dei Marini. I think I can get a bus from there to Positano so that would be brilliant :)

      Delete
  4. Loved your pics and indeed your blog! Makes me want to go there!You were such a beautiful bride! May you have a very long and happy life together! Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge congratulations! and wow what an amazing honeymoon you must of had, your photos are amazing, what a wonderful place x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on you marriage. What stunning pictures I'm loving the terracotta and green colour combination in a lot of the pictures, truly inspirational ~ Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations and what a beautiful pictures.A perfect beginning of a long and happy married life I think! Anitax

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks amazing, I'd love to go there! xx

    Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks amazing! Been to Naples and Capri but didn't get a chance to travel up to the Amalfi coast. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks beautiful! Congrats!! hx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some beautiful photos (I love the tiles!) and congratulations! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. GORGEOUS snaps, Caroline! Looks like the honeymoon of a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover