Monday, September 9, 2013

Mollie Makes Home - my latest project!

So as I mentioned in a post last week I've had a really busy 6 weeks since we got back from honeymoon. Along with everything else I told you about the other day, I've also been working on a really exciting project which I am finally able to reveal! Back before we headed off to get married, I was asked by the lovely folk at Mollie Makes magazine if I would like to be guest editor on a special edition of the magazine called Mollie Makes Home. The first issue of this was published back at the start of the year, so I was to work on the second edition, publishing this month.

I was SO thrilled to be given the opportunity to work on this as I absolutely love Mollie Makes, and I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed putting it together! I'm so proud of the results and can't wait to see it in print later this month. It is due to go on sale on 19th September, but here is a little sneak peek for you...!

It is filled with seriously gorgeous homes, crafty projects and interviews with some fab designer makers. Below is a little peek at some of the spreads. Featured are the homes of Allison and Christian Sadler of The People Shop and Jane of Teawagon Tales, a tea and a chat with Lucas and Hayley of The Calm Gallery and how cute are those little felt mountain peek coasters designed by Diana from Pygmy Cloud?! This is literally scratching the surface of what's inside - it is 128 pages of gorgeousness! I had serious house envy while working on this and picked up lots of fab ideas for my own home. Perk of the job I guess! :)

I hope you like what you see! It is possible to PRE-ORDER the magazine already. I'd LOVE to hear what you think, as you can imagine its a massive deal for me, so I just really hope everyone enjoys reading it as much as I enjoyed putting it together! A massive thanks to the Mollie Makes team for asking me to work on this, and for being SO fab to work with!

UPDATE: There is now a little Issuu sample of these spreads to have a flick through and have a closer look! http://issuu.com/futurepublishing/docs/mollie_makes_home_2

xxx

15 comments:

  1. Congrats Caroline, it looks amazing! I'll definitely be buying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! its been a dream to work on! Let me know what you think when you get your copy! ;)

      Delete
  2. That looks fantastic, really looking forward to it being in the shops. Congratulations! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Carole! I'm so chuffed, can't wait to see it in print too! x

      Delete
  3. Wow Caroline! It is looks wonderful! I'd love to be involved in that!!! Congratulations, and well deserved. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Caroline! It looks brilliant, totally my kind of magazine.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Caroline! It looks like it was definitely the right decision to give up your previous full time job! Will look forward to reading when it's out. Hollie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! I knew you would hit it off with the MM team! I'm super excited for you and of course to get a copy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to read this! Congrats Caroline : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Caroline! I can't wait to read it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks completely amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. Well done you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. looking so forward to reading this!
    Congrats to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Caroline.
    Your blog is on my 'favorite blogs list' for a while and Mollie Makes magazine is one of the most inspiring magazine about crafts and lots of beautiful ideas to make daily life more special.
    I loved the sneak peek :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover