Thursday, September 19, 2013

Swedish illustrator Elina Dahl at home

I recently came across the work of Swedish illustrator Elina Dahl, and had to share her gorgeous home and work with you. The simplicity of both her work and her interiors have inspired me and reminded me that sometimes less is more...

Elina lives in Stockholm with her fiancé Oscar and young son Elis.  Her illustrations are inspired by colours, shapes, interiors and landscapes, and recently a lot of her work features the contrast between black and pastel colours which I am just loving...

Elina says she spends a lot of time on Pinterest, blogs and magazines looking for ideas for her home, but then mixes those with her own ideas - it can simply be a colour of feeling that gives her inspiration. 

A girl after my own heart, she loves a flea market find, and mixes these with new items and of course lots of her own work is dotted around their home!

Elina and her family are just about to move away from this gorgeous home and start afresh in a new place! I can't wait to see what she does with that! Stay tuned! 

You can buy Elina's artwork from her online shop and read her blog here


Pin It button on image hover