Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Decorative Living Fair in London

A few weeks ago me and my 91 Magazine assistant Pippa popped down to the Decorative Living Fair in Chelsea Old Town Hall. We were mixing business with pleasure as we were covering the event for the new issue of 91 Magazine - you can read Pippa's review of the day on pages 99-100 - but also keeping our eyes peeled for any treasures to snap up for ourselves! Here are a few more photos from the day....

Homes and Antiques stall had some pretty fabrics, I bought this pale green floral one peeking out on the left, which I made into a cushion cover at the weekend!

I loved this set of knives spotted on Dee Puddy's stall....

I also was coveting the yellow flask Dee had poking out of this picnic set carry case! The bottles on the right hand pic above were on Goose Home and Garden's stall. Again lots of gorgeous bits and bobs, like these butcher signs and 'Bloater Paste' containers! That always makes me smile, paste for a bloater! :)


Another of my fave stalls was this fantasically kitcsh and colourful collection, run by Jacquie of Kitty's. So many great pieces of vintage kitchenalia which is a weakness of mine! I ended up buying a minty green bowl which is in the 4th pic down....


I was also incredibly tempted by this window pane, which was on the Wood Pigeon stall. The only reason I didn't buy it was because it weighed a ton and I never would have been able to carry it home!

The Old Haberdashery was another firm favourite of mine. Beautiful styling of their stall, and a wonderful range of bits and bobs. I think I just stood for about 15 mins just staring and trying to take in all the lovely things. I ended up coming away with some vintage French postcards. (Quite restrained I thought!)




Last but not least, Betty and Violet had a pretty selection of beaded evening bags which I cooed over for quite a while. Very Special indeed! :)


A fab day out, and I had so much fun chatting with some familiar faces including Selina Lake who was signing copies of her book, and the guys from Homes and Antiques magazine. Fingers crossed for another London event soon! x

2 comments:

  1. The Cafe/Boulangerie window-sign is sooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks splendid! I really wish I could've been there. Hopefully next time!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover