Tuesday, October 29, 2013

DIY: Simple draught excluder

Now that I work from home every day it's becoming more apparent how much our house resembles a walk-in freezer! I've always known it's cold as it's an old Edwardian house with single glazing and wooden floors, but when you're home much more, sat at the computer, the chills really get in your bones! We can't afford to do anything drastic like new windows or insulation, so I'm trying to make it cosier with curtains, rugs and draught excluders. I've always found it hard to find nice, stylish draught excluders, so I have decided to make my own. It's actually a really simple project and that way you can choose your fabric, colours and add any extra bits you fancy...

I've just shared a full tutorial on making one over on the AO at home blog so pop on over to read the full instructions and see pictures of the stages... I'm definitely making another one of these in the next few weeks!

make your own DIY simple draught excluder

make your own DIY simple draught excluder

Let me know if you give it a go! x

2 comments:

  1. Gosh they are lovely. I would like to make a couple of our home once we get the DIY out of the way.

    Love Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'm going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover