Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Whitstable day trip

Last weekend was my birthday so, jobs around the house, grocery shopping and other mundane tasks were left behind, and only fun things were on the agenda! On Saturday we visited the Crafty Fox Market in Brixton (more about that later) and then on Sunday, we took a little run down to Whitstable. I love a seaside town and this was one we'd never visited before, so it was great fun exploring and seeing what it had to offer...

Luckily the weather was pretty spectacular, so that always helps, but the pretty beach huts, harbour and unique shops of Whitstable did not disappoint...

   We ate fish and chips in the sun by the harbour, strolled along the seafront, had afternoon tea and browsed the vintage shops. I loved this little vintage clothes boutique that opened right onto the beach...

Only at the seaside could you get away with painting your house hot pink! The hubby and I discussed the reaction from the neighbours if we did this to our Kingston Upon Thames terrace! :) LOVE it though!

I also loved exploring some of the lovely vintage and antique shops along Oxford Street... I did agonise over a few pieces of furniture I spotted, but in the end came home with none. The only purchases I made were these bits and bobs.

It was great spending my birthday here, I'd definitely recommend a little jaunt if you've never been before! I'll definitely be popping back to scour those vintage shops again! xxx


  1. Happy birthday! Looks like you had a lovely day in Whitstable. The vintage shops look great.

  2. Happy belated birthday! Whitstable is such a lovely place and I recognise all the places in your photos. I'm particularly fond of Valentine's as they always have so many fab things in their shop. xo

  3. Whitstable is now on my list of places to visit in the UK. I'm partial to a seaside town too. So cute when done nicely.


Pin It button on image hover