Friday, November 8, 2013

Leaf it out!

I'm not afraid to admit that some weeks my blogging mojo just seems to disappear. I'm currently blaming it on the miserable weather and how it just makes you want to head for the sofa with a blanket and a cuppa! But, determined not to let the blog languish while I wait for my inspiration to return, I decided to ask the hubby if he had any ideas. Sometimes, you just need someone else to say one word to you that will spark off an idea don't you think?!

So after his daily commute through the beautiful Richmond Park, the word he provided was 'leaves'. We have been commenting on the size of some of the fallen leaves around this year, some of them are literally bigger than my head! I've been meaning to collect some, but I guess unless you have something in mind for them then it's maybe a little weird to just collect a bunch of leaves? Well here cometh the inspiration! ...some ideas from around the interweb to make use of nature's own craft supplies!

painted leaves DIY
via fotodesignshelly

DIY photo display using autumn leaves
via eenigwomen


Glitter autumn leaves garland
via 6th Street Design School

leaf garland DIY
via A Fabulous Fete

gold spray painted leaf garland
via Patchwork Harmony
painted leaves DIY
via shoegazingcat tumbler

painted leaves DIY
via eenigwonen
painted leaves DIY
via eenigwonen
painted animal faces leaves DIY
via Handmade Charlotte
simple decoration using autumn leaves DIY
via Handmade Charlotte
I'm particularly loving the painted leaves in bright colours. What do you think? Are you rushing out to start your leaf collection?!

Anyway, I'm off to Cornwall this weekend to stay in a 1940's waggon which used to be the home to a family of travelling showmen, so hopefully that will fill me with inspiration for next week! have a great weekend x

6 comments:

  1. Great inspiration Caroline! I've got loads more on my Nature in the Home pinterest board - and my Nature in the home Autumn / Winter term is currently running, I'd love it if you join me again. http://littlegreenshed.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/nature%20in%20the%20home Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful leaves projects!!!!!
    thank you for sharing links and images, xxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love when people draw and paint of leaves, and find other creative uses for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All very inspiring...have a wonderful time away in Cornwall, sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love these! patchwork, painted, glittered, all.

    Hope your weekend was ace!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover