Monday, November 4, 2013

Weekend shopping in Paris

If you follow me on Instagram, you may have spotted I just spent a few days in Paris this weekend. We were celebrating a few birthday's including my hubby's and we stayed in an amazing apartment in the Marais district. The last few times I've visited Paris, this is the part of town I've enjoyed getting to know, so this time it was great to stay right in the heart of it and soak up what feels like true Parisian life. We spent a lot of time pottering around, eating and of course, a teeny spot of shopping!

One favourite haunt is Entree des Fournisseurs - a lovely haberdashery stocking Liberty fabrics, a fantastic range of buttons and an array of ribbons...we spent quite some time selecting which Liberty print ribbons to buy!

Entree des Fournisseurs haberdashery in Paris
Entree des Fournisseurs haberdashery in Paris

Entree des Fournisseurs haberdashery in Paris
Entree des Fournisseurs haberdashery in ParisEntree des Fournisseurs haberdashery in ParisEntree des Fournisseurs haberdashery in Paris

Entree des Fournisseurs haberdashery in Paris
We also spent a considerable amount of time inside or peering through the window of numerous cake shops! The stunning cakes, chocolates and pastries on display literally draw you in and remind you that this is something the French really do pride themselves in. One particular treat was the Pierre Herme shop, which more often than not has a queue around the corner... Not only are the cakes jaw dropping, but the service and attention to detail is well worth the wait and the price to sample one of their spectacular delights.

Pierre Herme shop in Paris

Pierre Herme shop in Paris
Laduree is not far either - another treat, especially for macaron lovers! But you will be hard pushed to not stumble across many other gorgeous patisseries and chocolate shops dotted around.

Laduree shop in Paris

cake shops in Paris

cake shops in Paris

cake shops in Paris
For homewares, we came across Fleux, which was full of quirky homewares and gifts, including some lovely cushions and bedding from La Cerise sur le Gateau...

Homewares in Fleux shop in Paris
And of course, no trip to Paris is complete without a browse in Merci. My eyes literally light up when I see that little red Fiat!

Merci shop in Paris - red Fiat 500

Here's what I treated myself to - a clip on cage lamp, 2 enamel plates and some Liberty print washi tape... all of these can be purchased on their website too...

top buys in Merci, Paris
We also stumbled upon a few lovely shops near Saint Paul, selling the most gorgeous homewares and items for children. Petit Pan and Mandorla Palace...

Petit Pan shop in Paris


Petit Pan shop in Paris

Petit Pan shop in Paris

Petit Pan shop in Paris

Petit Pan shop in Paris

Petit Pan shop in Paris
Mandorla Palace shop in Paris

Mandorla Palace shop in Paris

Mandorla Palace shop in Paris
Mandorla Palace shop in ParisFinally, I treated the hubby to a birthday lunch in the amazing Mariage Freres tearoom and restaurant on Rue du Bourg-Tibourg. What a way to end the trip, the food and tea were pretty special. If you are in Paris for a special occassion (or are just feeling a bit flush!) then I highly recommend an afternoon here...

Mariage Freres tea salon and restaurant in Paris

Mariage Freres tea salon and restaurant in Paris

Mariage Freres tea salon and restaurant in Paris

I definitely have a soft spot for this city. I'd love to hear your fave places to shop and eat in Paris too!

Read about some of my previous shopping trips to Paris here and here.

Photos by moi or via Petit Pan, Mandorla Palace or Merci.

xxx

11 comments:

  1. Your trip has left me drooling......must go again myself soon!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous post - and trip! Okay, 2 things, I must join Instgram now, and I must go to Paris soon. Love all that Liberty fabric and those ribbons, want! Thanks for sharing. Minerva x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got some fantastic photos! I want to go shopping there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful place where to go and drool along!!!! ;oD
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos - looks like a gorgeous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, so many lovely things. The haberdashery shop looks amazing!! I love Paris x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently wrote a post titled "Oh, my!" about how some pictures simply take my breath away.

    So, I only have 2 words to say about your beautiful post, "OH, MY!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. all those lovely fabrics and packaging ..heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover