Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Homemade baby bibs using Heals fabric

A little while ago I was sent some fabric samples from the folk at Heals. They've just launched their first fabric collection since the 1970's, working with both established and up and coming designers to create the range.

Heals new fabric collection
With the samples I received, I wanted to make something useful, and obviously at the moment, I have got babies on the brain, so I decided, as the fabric is quite sturdy, that perhaps some little bibs would be nice. I like the fact that the patterns aren't childish either, but I thought would still look super cute as teeny tiny bibs.

I've had a really busy few weeks in the run up to publishing the latest issue of 91 Magazine (which went live yesterday!) so I decided this morning that I'd take a few hours to do something for myself, so this is what I did.

Baby bib DIY project using Heals fabrics
What you need: pieces of patterned fabric, approx 9 x 14 inches / toweling fabric / disappearing ink pen / snap fasteners / sewing machine

I found a great pattern over at Purl Bee for making these, so you can find the template you need and the instructions for making them here

And here's how they turned out. They were really simple to make, so I'll definitely be making some more as I have lots of toweling fabric left.

Baby bib DIY project using Heals fabrics

Baby bib DIY project using Heals fabrics

Baby bib DIY project using Heals fabrics

Baby bib DIY project using Heals fabrics

Baby bib DIY project using Heals fabrics

Baby bib DIY project using Heals fabrics
 What do you think?! Probably quite an unusual project for this type of fabric, but I really like them, and I reckon as the fabric is thick and good quality they should wash quite well.

Check out the rest of the new fabrics from Heals as well some of their ready made products in these patterns if you don't fancy the sewing part! ;)

7 comments:

  1. They look very nice but...I very quickly discovered that the only ones that worked were the horrid plastic ones with a pocket to catch the dropping food. Maybe add a pocket to yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! i love love love that geometric style fabric at the back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post, i hope everyone will like your post..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post, It is awesome.

    Nice post, i hope everyone will like your post..

    ReplyDelete
  6. These baby bis are really nice. I do love baby bibs and I appreciate more it's worth if it is homemade. I think homemade baby bibs are the best one. If you will just learn how to make it then you know how special it would be. Nevertheless, I love these baby bibs of yours, very adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover