Saturday, April 19, 2014

Scandi pastels - OYOY

I've recently found myself being drawn more and more to Scandinavian style interiors - simple and fresh and particularly those which use lots of soft pastel tones, which I am still in love with. With our house renovations, I have been trying to de-clutter a little, and hope to do a car boot at some point and am also considering reopening the Patchwork Harmony boutique to sell some vintage items while I am on maternity leave.

I feel like I need things to be a little less cluttered, and only having those things on display that I really love.  Saying that, I know our house is soon to be scattered with baby paraphernalia in the not to distant future, but my theory is if the rest of the house is de-cluttered beforehand it will be less chaos than it might have been had it not been simplified?! ;)

These images from Danish brand OYOY are really inspiring me today...

Scandi style - pastels - OYOY
Scandi style - pastels - OYOY


Scandi style - pastels - OYOY

Scandi style - pastels - OYOY

Scandi style - pastels - OYOY

Scandi style - pastels - OYOY

Below are some of my fave picks from their Spring Summer 2014 range... I'm loving the mix of greys white, pastels and a few dashes of neon...

Scandi style - pastels - my fave OYOY products
Check out their full range on their site. In the UK you can purchase their products from the following online stores: Story North,  SkandivisStarling StoreFuture and Found and Darling Violets

What's your thoughts on this more minimalist style? or do you prefer to be surround by lots of things?

xxx

8 comments:

  1. Lovely post ,thanks for the mention!
    Love Darling Violets
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I have re painted my kitchen all white and only have a couple of pictures on the walls. Most of the clutter is now gone or put away. I have now painted the snug all white and added a white blind instead of curtains. I love it. It looks so cleand and tidy. Today I have done two boot sales and got rid of loads.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely interiors! I went completely minimal for 2014, it's the best interior move I've ever made - space is so liberating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, those are some lovely things! I wish our stairs were as pretty as that staircase. And piled in that many cushions. I'm in the midst of an epic de-cluttering too; I'm feeling the need to purge and pare back. Although I have no doubt some new items will be creeping in soon (possibly from oyoy!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love! This is sooooo up my interior street. I am a big fan of white, decluttered and Scandi style interiors. The less you have the less you have to clean and tidy and somehow I am less stressed. Easier to manage especially with a toddler and a baby on the way. They sure do come with a good few bits and bobs. I am very selective about the objects and pictures I have and its never felt right to have loads of possessions. The photographs you have added on the post ooze calmness - love a toned down mustard with grey and pastels. Enjoy the rest of your declutter I have recently done an ebay sweep and had to say goodbye to a few lovely ornaments that will be happier and loved somewhere else. Lovely and inspiring post x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so agree about clutter and yes it will get worse!! I have 2 little angels and the house just seems so full of 'stuff' :O) The above is so appealing, white and bright with good storage and strong feature pieces adding colour and pattern, without over cluttering. I love the hints of gold and rustic tones on schemes like the above, it adds warmth and makes it feel homely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so agree about clutter and yes it will get worse!! I have 2 little angels and the house just seems so full of 'stuff' :O) The above is so appealing, white and bright with good storage and strong feature pieces adding colour and pattern, without over cluttering. I love the hints of gold and rustic tones on schemes like the above, it adds warmth and makes it feel homely.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover